Heidi Minx is a rare mix – melding business-building pragmatics and sense with intuitive and alternative creativity.
For the past five years, she has worked exclusively with businesses in the cannabis sector including Flow Kana, Juva Life, the Sonoma County Growers Alliance, Sonoma Lab Works, The Emerald Cup, SC Labs, and several cottage cultivators in Sonoma County. She stays up to date with California’s rapidly changing regulations.
She was named one of BrandWeek’s Top 10 Next Generation Marketers of 2006, has received accolades from Forbes for her work with California-based cannabis companies.
Minx has secured a series of ‘industry firsts’ including:
- Securing the first podcast for a legacy cultivator with Green Entrepreneur;
- Being the first cannabis company to join the San Mateo County/Silicon Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau, and present to members on ‘Cannabis + Tourism’;
- Being the first cannabis company to partner with Silicon Valley Magazine and secure permission for an event at the tony Rosewood Sand Hill hotel;
- Securing an exclusive to be able to deliver to the New Living Expo’s trade show floor.
Minx’s diverse insight and skillsets come from two and a half decades of work with agencies serving leading brands and companies ranging from Sears, Siemens Financial Services, Goldwell, Nextel, Legg Mason, 3M, HBO, Playboy, Sportswear International, and Dominos. Her imprint has been recognized on a cross-section of accounts including legal, financial, liquor, food, fashion, independent film, music, art, publishing, associations, licensed products, and beauty and trade shows. She is also well respected for her social media knowledge and has managed the social media for AdWeek’s award-winning Inked Magazine, The Dalai Lama Foundation, and Sonoma County Growers Alliance amongst others.
Minx frequently tests the bounds of her skill-set:
- In pursuit of brand extensions and cobranding, she developed a brand based on her lifestyle in 2001; within five years it was fully licensed to 17 licensees and was signed into exclusive deals with Target, Spencer Gifts, and Claire’s and held international trademarks.
- A firm believer in changing by doing, in 2009 Minx founded her own charity, Built on Respect. Her documentation of the tattoos of former Tibetan political prisoners and refugees earned her a Fellowship with Rutgers University’s Center for Human Rights, Genocide and Conflict Resolution.
A published author, she completed ‘Home Rockanomics – A DIY Guide to Style’ based on her highly-successful message boards; the book was published and released by St. Martin’s Press in 2009 and she has ghost-written three other books on art and travel.
Minx has contributed to lifestyle and trade publications including Huffington Post Impact, InkedMag.com, License! Magazine, AMP, YRB, Playboy, Licensing Book, and Care2.
An avid traveler, Minx has lived, worked, and traveled throughout the United States, Asia, and Europe.
She has studied sociology, fine art, graphic art, art history, and cultural anthropology and enjoys studying and practicing Buddhism.